Tuesday, February 18, 2014

7 Year Itch!

I have been married for 7 years!  I feel like I have been in a dream and was awakened to being married and having two kids!  Geez, time really does fly by!  A lot has changed in my life while I was asleep..... emotionally, physically, careers and children.  We have grown into completely different people and so much has been shared and will be shared between us!  This reality of mine can be overwhelming and a tad scary. This is possible why this year of marriage is often referred to as the 7 year itch (I have a marriage itch I need to scratch?  Who named this?).  Anyway, divorce statistics show that over half of marriages don't have a happy ending.  That's a lot!!  Is my marriage going to have a happy ending?  I believe YES, it will!  This is why, every year has an "itch"! Marriage molds into many different ones throughout the years (good and bad) and I'm excited to see what this next year brings for us as a couple and a family!  If you need a few suggestions on how to control your marriage itch here's an article for you to read.

To celebrate our 7 year anniversary my husband planned a romantic getaway to Idaho City, Idaho. Idaho City has a population of 485 people and that was probably calculated during summer months. We staying at Mores Creek Cabins and relaxed at a beautiful hot springs call The Springs.  Not only did he plan our whole anniversary getaway, he also did all the meal preparations and cooking while we were away. Yes, I am one spoiled lady!  Thank you love!!  


It was so cold I had to wear my snow pants, two long sleeve shirts, a sweater and then my winter coat!  Even when I'm freezing I refuse to give up on fashion.  My husband had to patiently wait for me to pull my cable sweater out so I would look winter stylish in this photo, it did serve a purpose too, it kept me toasty warm while walking around. 






The Springs
This is a photo I took while sitting in the hot tub at The Springs!  It is a gorgeous place! The building in this photo is the stream room (warm steam and cold wash clothes... heavenly) and to the right (not pictured) is a huge swimming pool.  It was so cold outside but so wonderful in the water.  They even have waiters that come by and bring you drinks while you soak.  Fancy!!  



Happy Anniversary my LOVE!!  


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, just wonderful! Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Such a lovely view!

    love the blog, now following x

    http://olia-shamray.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete