Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Close Call!

I had my first bout with the need to buy an item of clothing.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and honestly I'm amazed it hasn't happened earlier.  Good news is absolutely no tears were shed in the process.  I didn't even realize what was going on, I must be a creature of habit because I unconsciously found myself browsing the Anthropologie website in search of the perfect loungers.  You see, one piece of clothing I purchase at least three times a year are lounge pants!  I love and definitely live in them!  My primary job is "mom" and I can't be running around in sweatpants when I could be wearing fancy loungers at home! RIGHT?!  Anyways, I was adding a pair to my online shopping cart, not thinking anything of it, and suddenly realized I was breaking my shopping diet!  Seriously!  I felt like a kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar.  So close but I didn't buy them.  Geez, I do have self control.... barely!  Good news is they are all sold out, thanks Anthro shoppers for inadvertently saving me from a tragic diet splurge :-) 
I think I'll try and sew a pair of cute loungers, maybe not as fancy as these ones that almost broke my diet but we'll see I might surprise myself! 

Maiko Flannel Loungers

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you're coming up with a creative solution on how to create fancy loungers. I won't lie, I'm a bit of a shop-a-holic and I would have definitely "splurged" on the diet! Your post inspired me to do a bit of searching and I came across quite a bit of sewing patterns for lounge pants on Etsy.com, here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/search?q=lounge%20pants%20sewing%20patterns&ship_to=US

    Not sure if purchasing sewing patterns is against your current diet, but if it isn't, there are some great choices for under $10!

    Hope this helps:)

    Sasha
    Confessions of A Fashion Stylist
    Website: http://sashabowmanshops.com/
    Blog: http://sashabowmanshops.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sasha! You are so sweet! I will post photos of my loungers once I sew them and hopefully they turn out:) I love your blog and started following you via e-mail.

    Jeni

    ReplyDelete