Monday, January 27, 2014

Hair... Where do I start?






This is how I generally keep my hair.....
REALLY SHORT, with some sassy bangs.  







Hair.... where do I start with this topic?  Growing up I had long blonde hair and did nothing stylish with it! I didn't realize the importance and impact the right hairstyle had on first impressions.  I kind of just followed and copied how others were styling their hair and dressing.  Where I'm from that was BAD, I mean REALLY BAD! Good LORD, someone should have helped me, I seriously was in need of HELP!  I wasn't brought up to really care about what I looked like or even given the tools to know what to do or how to be stylish.  Don't get me wrong I wasn't raised in a primitive manner, I was taught proper grooming and self expression but fashion was not important on a mini-farm!  Let me explain, I was raised in the remote town of Emmett, Idaho and my family lived in the country so fashion was not important or functional on the plot of land I was raised on.  Once I moved to the big city (Boise, Idaho) I started realizing the importance of looks. I was 20 years old and I cut my hair short, I mean SHORT, you know, like Mia Farrow's hair in Rosemary's Baby.  I have pretty much stayed within inches of that hairstyle because it is easy and so CUTE!! That is until now, I am attempting to grow my hair long but will not make such a big commitment as my clothing diet.  I honestly am not sure about this one.    

Here's a little selfie of me patiently waiting while my 3-year-old is running around.  YES, that is his ghostly blur in this photo.  We are at Cardinale's Hair Design (FYI - Ava-Honey, amazing hair stylist) waiting for my 5-year-old to chop off his beautiful red long hair!  He is ready, I'm ready but his hair is so pretty!  I wanted him to grow it out until the end of time but he is also very handsome with a milky pale complexion, blue eyes and little freckles. He picked the hairstyle,  it's short in back with a sweet mop top in front.  I love it and I had no clue that his short hair would make his eyes even more blue and his freckles even sweeter.  He was extremely excited to show his little girlfriend his new handsomeness the next day at school!  
Vigass Studio Jeans, H&M TEE, Striped Hoodie, GSUS Sindustries Coat & Born Cowgirl Boots


1 comment: