Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Crafty Creativeness


Else Denim, Stripped Shirt, Vintage Jacket
& T-Strap Shoes
My last few blog posts Fashionable Mom Identity  & Single Parent were a bit more about my life and how I incorporate fashion into it. :-) I'm sure I will be telling you more mommy fashion tales in the future because they can be ridiculously humorous...... perhaps more on the dry humor side but, none the less comical to me! Honestly, a majority of my outings with my danger boys(as I call them) involve me  looking extremely fashionable (or thinking I do), laughing hysterically at some kind of randomness while other parents watch slightly confused....  I really believe everyone simply needs to have a good laugh at the little things or even at themselves because all of this serious grown-up stuff is pretty funny! 

Now, on to crafty creativeness!  I am well onto my second month of my clothing diet and so far so easy!!  I have not had the urge to shop.. not even a tiny bit.  Wow, I really thought this was going to be hard and full of tears lead by pleading to people to give me clothes.  Okay, I know it is really early into my "diet" ,and I live in Idaho where 20 degree weather isn't the best for fashion strolls to the market. Regardless, I'm feeling really good about this challenge.  I have even been brain storming creative ways to alter some of my clothes and filling my sparse spare time with crafting all sorts of goods. I have been sewing bags, they have even received a bit of publicity over the holiday.  One news paper, Idaho Statesman did a write up about them and I sold a few at Bricolage a local boutique in Boise, Idaho.



This is one of the bags I made!  The lucky owner sent me this photo of it just hanging out by the fireplace (you know relaxing).  How gorgeous is this photo!!?!  I can't believe I actually made this bag!



Here's a little Birthday clutch I made for a  friend's Birthday.  I love creating special, one-of-a-kind gifts for people.  I enjoy the challenge of creating something with a specific person in mind and incorporating their personality into my design.  I always add a touch of my style into my creations, so they have to think of me when they use it :-).  With this design I added oil cloth, it is the one thing I buy every time I vacation in Mexico!  I absolutely LOVE going to the fabric stores in Mexico and of course the local markets. They are the perfect place to see all the gorgeous colors and be submerged into the culture.





2 comments:

  1. Love your bags! Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I do sell my bags. You can contact me directly at jenimccu@gmail.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete