Friday, February 7, 2014

Fashionable Mom Identity?

Misery loves company....  these are the words that pop into my head when I remember conversations I had with family, girlfriends and even complete strangers that preached that their children were amazing and completed their lives.  Blah, blah..... blah!  I'm here to tell you that yes kids are amazing, sweet and add to your life in ways you never thought possible.  I'm also going to admit in raw honestly I wish someone would have prepared me for the amazing hardship and unconditional love kids bring when pursuing the "American Dream".

I must highlight that I LOVE my two little ginger boys!  They are dangerously adventurous and full of poetic love that I cherish. I also have an AMAZING husband that shares 50/50 all household, parenting responsibilities and beyond the norm with me.  I want you to know that I have an amazing life but I'm not in denial that life is hard and you have to WORK at it to stay sane.

You see little ones take a lot of love, patience and TIME! They wake frequently throughout a peaceful night and they are not singing lullaby's. They also have to be fed (more then three times a day), burped, diaper changed, bathed and the list goes on and on.... This list only covers the first three years of their lives.  I am sure the list expands in many areas while deleting and adding parenting challenges that I'm not even aware of yet.  A mom is basically on call at ALL times and if you are breastfeeding no one can give you a break. No time is off limits for your little sweetie/ sweeties to call for you, you have no breaks.  On top of no breaks I keep on waiting for a time when bathing isn't a luxury and dressing stylish with ease happens daily. I know this day will come, it has to or people wouldn't keep on having children!  Right? I can't be the only one that doesn't feel complete if I haven't gotten enough sleep or alone at enjoying  looking fashionable and together, even as a mom, when I venture out in public. Please tell me I don't stand alone trying to figure out how to redefine myself as a mom while holding on to a speck of my self identity. It's not easy! I know if I don't start doing things for myself or setting goals that only involve me I am going to get depressed. That is one reason I started this blog.......... to have something that only belong to me, to figure out what my mom identity is and to prove that I matter outside my home.  I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this blog or will continue through my year journey....... what I do know is I have something that belongs to me, something I created to challenge myself and all by myself, somewhere I can express myself and let myself discover who I am as a wife, mother and individually.

Basically, that's a wordy way to let you know that when I post photos of myself I'm either going to a playgroup, dropping kids off at school, and occasionally going on a date with my husband (doesn't happen often enough) or date with friends (which doesn't happen often either). I do not live the luxury life of having any reason to be a fashionable stylish mom either than wanting to.

J Crew Jeans, H&M Tee, Puffy Coat & Bag from Target & La Canadienne Boots




This is my life! I love my life and I'm just trying to find a way to live and love to the fullest in a fashionable functional mom sort of way.

Bag is from Target. I refuse to carry a diaper bag!



2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! Looking amazingly fashionable always! Peoples' lawns are just different shades of green. I'm blessed with a fabulous career, but I fantasize of domesticity at times. :-) Grammy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder if my style will change when/if I have kids. I hear so many people say that after kids, their lives and bodies have changed so drastically that they'll never be the same… but fashion is so ingrained in my life, I just don't know if that bit of me will change at all when the time comes!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    Handmade Silver Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete